- Virology.ca Tools
- Virus Wiki
Welcome to the Virology.ca website!
- Databases of viral genomic information (genes, gene families, and genomes)
- Software to perform comparative genomics analyses
- Each tool is described under the Tools Menu: see above
- Check out the new blog (above) & Scoop.it e-Zine
Check out some new features on Virology.ca:
- Updates to the Base-By-Base tool for analysis of multiple genome alignments
- Includes detailed SNP analysis
This Bioinformatics Resource (Virology.ca, the Canadian half of the now defunct Poxvirus.org) focuses on large DNA viruses:
To access the databases and tools, users need an account on Virology.ca. Don’t panic! It’s free and simple, just click register (top right of sidebar) and create a new account if you need one. This is simply to help us keep better track of the usage of our programs so we can better target future development. For more information, email cupton at uvic dot ca.
Our goal is described here; in brief, this site is provided to help with your research! If you use this resource, you must cite the relevant papers, which are found on the individual tool pages (publication list), and please consider collaborative publications.
- PLOS Computational Biology: Ten Years of PLoS‡ Computational Biology: A Decade of Appreciation and Innovation
- Evolutionary non-linear modelling for selecting vaccines against antigenically variable viruses
- VirHostNet 2.0: surfing on the web of virus/host molecular interactions data
- ViRBase: a resource for virus–host ncRNA-associated interactions
- BMC Bioinformatics | Full text | TMFoldRec: a statistical potential-based transmembrane protein fold recognition tool
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin
View more maps in the Visitor Map Viewer