- Virology.ca Tools
- Virus Wiki
Welcome to the Virology.ca website!
- Databases of viral genomic information (genes, gene families, and genomes)
- Software to perform comparative genomics analyses
- Each tool is described under the Tools Menu: see above
- Check out the new blog (above) & Scoop.it e-Zine
Check out some new features on Virology.ca:
- Updates to the Base-By-Base tool for analysis of multiple genome alignments
- Includes detailed SNP analysis
This Bioinformatics Resource (Virology.ca, the Canadian half of the now defunct Poxvirus.org) focuses on large DNA viruses:
To access the databases and tools, users need an account on Virology.ca. Don’t panic! It’s free and simple, just click register (top right of sidebar) and create a new account if you need one. This is simply to help us keep better track of the usage of our programs so we can better target future development. For more information, email cupton at uvic dot ca.
Our goal is described here; in brief, this site is provided to help with your research! If you use this resource, you must cite the relevant papers, which are found on the individual tool pages (publication list), and please consider collaborative publications.
- Computer Model Forecasts Flu Outbreaks in a Subtropical Climate
- Researchers Wind up a 40-Year-Old Debate on Betaretrovirus Infection in Humans
- Ebola vaccine works, offering 100% protection in African trial
- Characterization of a novel adenovirus isolated from a skunk
- Directed genetic modification of African horse sickness virus by reverse genetics
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin
View more maps in the Visitor Map Viewer