- Virology.ca Tools
- Virus Wiki
Welcome to the new Virology.ca website!
- Databases of viral genomic information (genes, gene families, and genomes)
- Software to perform comparative genomics analyses
- Each tool is described under the Tools Menu: see above
- Check out the new blog (above) & Scoop.it e-Zine
We look forward to rolling out some new features on Virology.ca:
- Updates to the Base-By-Base tool for analysis of multiple genome alignments
- A fully functional and easy to use Virus Wiki
- Forum to discuss anything from your latest research to the latest book you’ve read
This Bioinformatics Resource (Virology.ca, the Canadian half of the now defunct VBRC) focuses on large DNA viruses:
To access the databases and tools, users need an account on Virology.ca. Don’t panic! It’s free and simple, just click register (top right of sidebar) and create a new account if you need one. This is simply to help us keep better track of the usage of our programs so we can better target future development. For more information, email cupton at uvic dot ca.
Our goal is described here; in brief, this site is provided to help with your research! If you use this resource, you must cite the relevant papers, which are found on the individual tool pages (publication list), and please consider collaborative publications.
View more maps in the Visitor Map Viewer